New still shots of the Assassin's Creed film have been revealed
The upcoming Assassin’s Creed movie by 20th Century Fox and Ubisoft Motion Pictures has released new still pictures of the main characters in costume. The pictures show a modern looking Callum Lynch played by Michael Fassbender and Lynch’s ancestor, Aguilar.
The pictures were released via the official Assassin’s Creed Twitter account with the tagline, “We work in the dark to serve the light”.
The film will take place in both 15th century Spain and modern day with a 35/65 percent split, respectively. This means 35% of the movie will be set in 15th century Spain and the remaining 65% will be set in the present. Ubisoft stated at E3 the reason they split the film this way was to allow more creative freedom with a greater focus on the present.
The Assassin’s Creed movie will be directed by Justin Kurzel, and Marion Cotillard and Jeremy Irons will also be joining the cast. The film will be released December 21, 2016 and won’t feature any characters from Ubisoft’s video game series.