If you like weird, boy do I have the chem for you.
One of the best DLCs for Fallout 4 is Automatron, giving the Sole Survivor the opportunity to build their own customized and unearthly robots. In my tragic journeys through the Capital Wastelands, robots have been the most intriguing prospects to companion or hack. Literally obsessed with the Assaultron's death beam. Not so obsessed after it glitches and decimates one of my settlements. Fortunately, Automatron give you total control: allowing you to build your own robot companions that won't incinerate your populations.
As gamers and game developers know very well, granting players the ability to design things can lead to some rather, uh - visually confusing results. With outrageous attachments like brain-domes, animal skulls, and arm saws, you can bet the Capital Wasteland is about to get a little weirder.
Below are 12 of the oddest robot companions we've come across.
1. He smiles and he axes. Literally zero function beyond smiling and axing things.
2. Maybe this little guy's not ridiculous per se, but he sure looks too complaisant and non-threatening to be a worthy companion. Amiright?
3. The result of a real-life Codsworth Halloween costume. It just doesn't work, man.
4. "HEY! Got anything you need fastened or tightened? No? Oh. Well, back into the closet I guess."
6. If this mechanical bull had it his way, it would probably end up on top of you.
7. Less weird, more bad-ass: this terrifying murderer even keeps the Deathclaws up at night.
8. Codsworth - upgraded into post-apocalyptic war tank. What am I even looking at.
9. Demon wings? Check. Demon horns? Check. Hell fire? Rather not know.
11. Just when you thought the future includes trash cans on wheels.
12. If I had a chance to transfer my worst enemy into a robot, this is exactly what I'd insert them into. Run, brainy, run!
What are the weirdest robots you've ever seen or created? Let us know in the comments section below!